Activities & Amenities
Activities and amenities currently provided by the Senior Center include:
- Congregate Meals: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Noon at the Senior Center. Call to make a reservation by 9 am the day of at: 719-486-1774.
- Meals on Wheels: Delivered Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10 am. Call to sign up.
- Safeway Shopping and Errands on Wednesdays: 9 am. Rides to St. George's Episcopal Church Food Pantry. 1 pm. Shopping in Lake County. Need a ride to the bank or laundromat or anywhere else in town? Call 486-1774 to be picked up.
- Breakfast Club: Trips to Buena Vista/Salida/Summit County for Breakfast on the 4th Thursday of each month. Vans leave Senior Center at 9 am $2 to $3 excursion fee.
- Lunch and Learn Series: Interesting and useful topics designed to educate and inform. Held on a Thursday and announced in the monthly newsletter. (Please email Rachelle Collins to get on our newsletter email list or to request a copy be mailed to you.)
- Monthly Brunch: provided by Lake County Government. Brunch is announced in the monthly newsletter and is held on a Thursday. Please call the day before to make a reservation.
- Monthly Birthday Party/Potluck: Celebrating each month with a potluck party at Noon. Held on a Thursday.
- Walmart and Lunch in Salida: Vans leave the Senior Center at 9 am the second Monday of each month. Call to sign-up.
- Trips to Blackhawk/Cripple Creek: Vans leave at 7:30 am on the third Monday of each month. Call the Senior Center for more information and to reserve your seat: 719-486-1774. Excursion fee is $5.
- Target and City Market with an outdoor lunch afterwards (usually on a quarterly basis). Van leaves at 9:30 am. Call for a ride and sign-up.
- Free Wi-Fi and Zoom/Computer Lab: We have 4 computers available in our Computer Lab; or you can bring your own tablet, Ipad or laptop. Computer Lab by appointment only. Ipads available for weekly rental.
- Pool Table, Jigsaw Puzzles, Games, and Cable Television: Monday through Friday 9 am to 1 pm
Questions about our programs? Please call Rachelle at 719-486-1774 or email Rachelle Collins.